Friday, March 10, 2017

03/10/17 - The Beginning

Today I spoke with my group about what we should do for the actual two minute scene. Bella had a pretty cool idea about some boyfriend/murderer thriller that we decided mirrored two closely a 1996 film we won't name for copyright reasons but rhymes with CREAM. I proposed something based on an idea that my uncle gave me; a guy dives into a pool surrounded by people and comes  up for air in the middle of the Ocean, surrounded by absolutely nothing, just water. Our classmate and friend, Austin noted that an aerial shot would look fantastic for showing the isolation, and I do have a drone, but a pretty big concern was the definition. I wouldn't want our final project to look like it was filmed with a potato of a camera. (Actually potatoes are very versatile vegetables: fries, tater tots, mashed potatoes, potato pancakes so I probably should not disrespect them.) We're still not super clear as to what we would like our final project to be but I know it will come out fantastic. Some other ideas I had include a documentary on the prison system, a story based off of Raoul Gustaf Wallenberg, who made passports for the Jewish people emigrating for German seized countries, Wallenberg was taken by the Russian Government for questions, accused of being a spy, and now  72 years after his disappearance, he has been named honorary citizen of several countries including the U.S., Canada, Australia, and Israel. The main issue here would be the difficulty of portraying World War II accurately. But this is only the first step of a thousand mile journey, and although we may have a long way to go, I feel like by the end of this weekend we will have made great progress. Until next time, this has been your tour guide to the wonderful journey of (Insert Movie Title Here), A Beauty in the making, signing off.
Raoul Wallenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment