Friday, March 24, 2017

03/24/17 In Bruges and In Trouble

So I after a conversation with Mrs. Stoklosa following my burst of creativity with regards to the plot, we discussed how I needed to watch some dialogue heavy films, along the likes of In Bruges, The Big Chill, Quentin Tarantino Films, and The Coen Brothers films. This is my plot line so far, this was the original draft.

Scene Opens:
Aerial shot of man in ocean alone
Man looks out, no one and nothing
In the distance another man is seen on a paddle board
as the man approaches he asks
   "How'd you get here?"
   "Man I have no idea, where am I?"
   Paddle man smiles,  "Need a ride back to the mainland?"
   "Oh my God yes please"
   "What's your name?"
    "Constantine."
     "-_-_-__-----_-___--_-_--_-(Dialogue)"
     "--___--_-_-_-___----___-_-(More Dialogue)"
    C: "Can I ask you something?"
     "Depends,"
     "How'd you find me?"
Scene here is meant to add tension and suspicion to the man driving the paddle board.
      "Oh my wife saw you from shore, she told me to come get you"
        *silence*
       "Where is she then?"

Insert Part Two of the movie here.

Part Three
boy comes home he's either with friends, at a party or alone, scene is meant to introduce the main character

He goes out back to the pool, runs up and dives, some shots are shown of him underwater.
When he surfaces he is in the middle of the ocean and the scene ends with the same aerial shot that started the film.

I still need to add part two of the intro and I've been toying with Ale's suggestion of being marked, like a tattoo, maybe he surfaces with a tattoo on his arm and the same symbol is on the paddle board but I don't know.

So I decided to watch In Bruges first. It was a really well made movie,  the  shots were nice, sometimes there was no head space, but what really set this film apart was the dialogue and humor. The base of the movie is kinda dark; Spoiler Alert, a child gets killed and the film centers around the effects of that murder on the killer. The humor was quick-witted, blunt, and dark, constantly making fun of dwarves. There was one particular instance where I remembered my research. I had seen several times over that to create suspense one needs to show different perspectives. This was proven true when the main characters all pass near each other. Harry is looking for Ray to kill him. Ken tells him Ray's left. Harry then tells Ken, that Harry will have to kill Ken. Ken points to the top of a bell tower saying it should be quiet there, the pair get up to walk to the tower and are about to pass Ray when this girl, Chloe, Ray's girlfriend of sorts kisses him, unknowingly obstructing his view of Ken and Harry and the Ken and Harry's view of Ray. I found myself audibly saying "Nooooooooooo," because as a viewer I knew what could have happened had they seen each other and I could reasonably predict what was about to happen. All in all it was very very well done.
Until next time, this has been your tour guide to the wonderful journey of Diving Deep, A Beauty in the Making, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment