Friday, March 17, 2017

03/17/17 - The Search for a Plot

Last class we discussed our ideas for the movie. We decided to continue with the idea of a guy jumping into a pool and coming out alone in a lake, Austin from the adjacent group overheard us and asked me if I had a drone, which I do, and said that that would be a great shot when we film our main character coming up for air. The biggest issue I can see with this would be the resolution. It's a fairly old drone and I don't think the quality of the shot would come out great. A possible solution to this might be attaching a Go-Pro or some other personal camera to the drone but then the shots wouldn't be viewable until after they are recorded. One thing we were clear on was we wanted to do a thriller. Ale had some pretty good ideas about some alternate universe but I felt that would have been hard to convey. Bella said some stuff about a cult but I felt that was too off, it would't have flowed with my original idea. I feel bad for shooting down so many of their contributions, and I understand my group doesn't want to something too hard, but I don't want to do something mediocre. I feel like Ale's idea would have required way too much work for the mise-en-scene, and Bella's idea would be too predictable. All in all we took very small steps today but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Until next time, this has been your tour guide to the wonderful journey of The PoolA Beauty in the Making, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment