Wednesday, March 29, 2017

03/29/17 - String Cheesy

So I've been thinking, Alessia's idea is actually not so bad. It has potential, lots of it. It might be hard to execute but it can be done. I texted and apologized and so did she and honestly she's not a bad kid. It's the stress. But back to the actual film, I would still love to do my idea, I'm going to write plots and semi-scripts, or rough drafts for both and I'll upload them later tonight or tomorrow.

I've been toying with Alessia's idea and how to do it, I looked up the myth, and here's what I'm thinking, I threw in something a lot based of this reddit post I had seen.

Video opens on kids driving in a car, laughing being reckless
Voiceover describing the red string of fate
Speedometer shows above 90
Girl in back, points looking worried and mouths "Watch out"
We've only heard laughs and the voice over so far, 
Screams are heard
Shot gets darker
Slow motion
Drivers head hits the wheel
Everybody lurches forward in unison with driver
They crashed btw
Piercing noise, like when grenades go off in movies/End of voiceover
Wakes up in hospital
We could go to Broward Health and borrow a flappy dress/gown thing with the slits on the back
Gets up
Sees clothes
Walks out of room
Now we see the protagonist in the empty lobby of the Broward Health building
He walks outside
Car is waiting there for him
Looks down, sees keys, unlocks car, gets in
Now we see his/her life progress
Notices red ring made of string around his finger, red nylon tied to his finger
Falls in love, she has ring as well
The strings begin to come closer, tie them together with nylon and every other scene make the nylon less and red string more to show their love is getting closer and closer. Or already start out with red nylon and slowly increase the thickness, moving onto cotton, then yarn as scenes progress.
Move in together
So and so forth
Btw I apologize for the formatting of my description of this scene but it's how I think and how I believe I can best communicate this idea.
Life carries on
One day he looks over to the corner, a lamp looks out of place
Looks like a normal lamp but the lighting is off, looks like CGI
He begins to eat dinner staring at the lamp, goes on for a few meals
Begins to simply stare at the lamp
Wife comes crying trying to take his attention off of the lamp, red string is noticeably thinner now
Becomes engrossed with the lamp
In the background, shallow focus but the wife can be seen screaming and leaving with a suitcase.
Lamp Glitches, begins to float.
Man runs out, goes up a building, kills himself.
Wakes up on the ground next to the car and strobing police lights,
goes back unconscious
Wakes up and wishes he could go back, regrets leaving his wife.
Life goes on,
Eventually he comes across a lamp in a store.
The lamp.
He runs in and grabs it, he's touching it all over ensuring it is real
He falls and cries happy or sad, not sure yet, I'll talk to my group
Looks down sees red nylon
The intro could does end here, but so far it's veeeerrry long or it could continue showing him chasing the string, ending at a pier

Once again, based heavily off of this post I saw a while back on reddit

The more I think about it, the more I want to do it. Welp, can't tell Ale, and Ale if you're reading this, well ya I still like my idea, but I'll admit this might be really cool too, Let's do it.


Until next time, this has been your tour guide to the wonderful journey of String Cheesy (because I can't think of a non cheesy title), A Beauty in the Making, signing off.

*Also I feel like I can promise the audience something from the get-go here too*

Temptotosssoon. (2012). Have you ever felt a deep personal connection to a person you met in a dream only to wake up feeling terrible because you realize they never existed? • r/AskReddit. Retrieved March 29, 2017, from https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/oc7rc/have_you_ever_felt_a_deep_personal_connection_to/c3g4ot3/

No comments:

Post a Comment