Sunday, March 26, 2017

03/26/17 - I'm as sick as my project eyyy lmao

So this past weekend I haven't been feeling so swell, so a lot of time spent in my house or on the couch with my computer near me. And what better way to spend my time on something than to advance my homework? Just kidding. I procrastinated so much. Like calculus homework plus APUSH study plus english essay all on the last day procrastinate. But here's the thing about my procrastination habits, I always do something useful, or rather something I think will be useful to me. So instead of doing all that's boring and unimportant not a priority to me right now, I decided to work a bit on my project. Bella pointed out the fact that since I've edited the past couple projects we've worked on together, (pretty standard iMovie editing) I should edit the final project, 😑👍. So I downloaded after effects and I've been fooling around with it since. Here's some work I've done, (also  these were the only pictures on my computer from a couple months back used for a friend's project, so if you could not think I'm a tool for posing this way, that'd be great.) All the following are created using tutorials for double exposure and for a watercolor reveal
I call this one Tie Dyed on the Inside
This one is My Acne Looks like Mountains
And since this is just stills, so I would most likely use this to make a poster for the film at the end or maybe during the aerial shot when he is in the middle of the ocean, (Still haven't really figured that out) and I also edited some footage to make an credits scene, but ended up just making a cool intro I guess?
     For the aerial shot I had thoughts of doing a GoPro Drone hybrid, but the wind is a huge problem here, then I figured doing a GoPro tied to ballons with a quick release incase it gets windy and nylon strings to hold it stable like a tripod (Shown in the poorly drawn comic below) but I did the math and it would take around 15 balloons to hold it up, assuming the weight is 0.45 pounds (200 grams), one liter of helium in a ballon can lift one gram (1 pound = 453.6 grams), one balloon has a radius of 6 inches (based on the ones I'd buy) the volume of a balloon would be 905 inches cubed {V=(4/3)πr^3}, 905 cubic inches is 14 liters, and if it takes about 205 liters to lift 0.45 pounds, then 205 liters dived by 14 liters leaves us with 14.6 or ≈ 15 balloons. 
But ya know, wind...
So you know I was pretty glum thinking the most killer (coolest for our vernacularly impaired readers) shot in our film would be absent. But today I went to the beach, to be honest I don't really know which one, it was near my cousins house in Miami but we got lost like six times on the way there, anyway, we went and there was this one spot we found that was like a small lake, but big enough to swim out into the middle and get a nice aerial shot, and the best part, no wind. So hopefully we will head out there next weekend when we film.
On top of this I've been thinking about the songs we will use during the film, last night I talked about the song Love is Mystical by Cold War Kids, but now I'm thinking how cool it'd be to have some music composed specifically for this. I know it's a lot of work and maybe not worth it but I was just toying with the idea, I thought of a simple chord progression and then I figured I'd get someone who knows music theory to polish it a bit. This would be me playing the Cuatro (Venezuelan Guitar) it's not the best because it's late and I'm tired but still. Also I'm trying to go for an Old Western/Thriller vibe.  This would be the chord progression I'd place underneath
And this is me fooling around trying to think of something cool to throw in. 
By the way this was a pain to submit audio into blogger and I didn't even get to show it how I wanted, neat in an audio bar.
Until next time, this has been your tour guide to the wonderful journey of Diving Deep, A Beauty in the Making, signing off.

P.S. I'm really not entirely sure what we need to cite and what can go un-cited, so...

SonduckFilm. "After Effects Tutorial: Double Exposure Animation." YouTube. YouTube, 03 June 2016. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

"GoPro." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Mar. 2017. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

"How Many Balloons Would It Take to Lift You Off The Ground, Answered." Stuff You Should Know. N.p., 18 June 2013. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

"MESHA 12 Inches Assorted Color Party Balloons (144 Pcs) - USA SELLER: Toys & Games." Amazon.com: MESHA 12 Inches Assorted Color Party Balloons (144 Pcs) - USA SELLER: Toys & Games. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

GraphicINmotion. "Watercolor Footage Reveal - After Effects Tutorial." YouTube. YouTube, 31 May 2016. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment